As you may have seen, this week my blog will be home base for a Horse Lovers Book and Photography Blog Tour.
So, what is this, who’s participating, and why are we doing it?
Let’s start with the who – a number of talented authors (and a great photographer) – including:
- Barbara Morgenroth, author of the much-loved Bittersweet Farm series.
- Karen McGoldrick, who uses her in-depth knowledge of dressage to write The Dressage Chronicles series.
- Karen Myers, talented photographer and author of To Carry the Horn.
- Kim Ablon Whitney, author of equestrian books including Blue Ribbons and The Perfect Distance.
- Maggie Dana, known for her Timber Ridge Riders series.
- Natalie Keller Reinert, author of several horse-themed books, including my recent favourite, Ambition.
- Tudor Robins, author of Appaloosa Summer and, most recently a new short story, Hide & Seek.
We’ll start tomorrow with Karen McGoldrick answering a question posed to her by Kim Ablon Whitney, and then Karen will ask Barbara a question and so on. The tour will take a week to complete and, along the way we hope you’ll meet new writers you’d like to read. There will also be quite a few giveaways!
Why are we doing this? Well, it’s pretty simple. We don’t believe those of us who write books for horse lovers are in competition with one another; instead we think we’re all trying to serve a great market out there of readers who like horses, and horse lovers who like to read. We can’t always write quickly enough to satisfy our readers, so we’d like to tell you about some of the other great writers who are out there writing horse books today.
We hope you – our readers – will keep reading the authors you already love, and try some new ones!
We’d also really like to get the “Tell a Friend” message out. The very best way you can make sure more books you’ll love are written by your favourite authors, is to tell a friend when you read a really great book.
We have a general graphic, or one just for horse lovers!
Feel free to grab either of these graphics and use them wherever you like – on Facebook, your blog, any place you can pass on the Tell a Friend message. If you need me to email them to you, I can do that, too! Just contact me at tudor (at) tudorrobins (dot) ca.
Please tune in tomorrow as the tour kicks off with Karen McGoldrick who is offering a very cool prize …